See Canada’s longest swinging bridge, our bridge, on Superstore’s new commercial!
A beautiful, fun, progressive community! You’ll find Souris-Glenwood is a wonderful place to visit, live, retire, and raise your family. Our amenities in health, education, sport and recreation help to provide a high quality of life for our residents. If you are coming for a visit, below is a list of our attractions you don’t want to miss:
- Conquer the swinging bridge and experience history in one of our many museums,
- Swim in our modern outdoor pool & waterpark with beach-like entry, slides and lazy river, or take swimming lessons,
- Stroll through our beautiful 50-acre Victoria Park to sightsee and explore nature trails, or take part in a Souris Valley Recreation or Camp Runamuck program,
- Camp or stay at one of our many accommodation choices in B&Bs, Guest Rooms, (our new Souris Hotel & Active Adult Residence will be completed late 2017),
- Dine and shop at some very unique small town stores and restaurants,
- Play at the playground and enjoy a host of river activities.
Our active community of volunteers organize numerous events throughout the year to provide quality activities and entertainment for all ages such as town-wide yard sales, Canada Day events, fair and parade. Don’t miss these coming events:
- Race Night, October 27th, Community Hall
- Kappa Kristmas, November 3rd, Community Hall
- Hobby Craft, November 18th, Community Hall
Our economy is agriculture based and over one half of our employment stems from three sectors: agriculture, healthcare, and education. We are a growing community and have seen significant investments in infrastructure made over the past few years.
Enjoy exploring our website. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.